Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's all my fault...kind of...

So Friday, I took the girls to the doctor because I thought they were sick (sometimes I just feel like a hypercondriac) but ended up they are both fine for the most part- Kinsey just has a normal "kid rash" whatever that means. So I picked up some lunch to head home because I did not feel like making lunch when we got home. I knew I had a lot to do and just wanted to put the girls down for a nap. I was about 5 miles from home and a mailman was stopped at a mailbox. I proceeded to go around him just like the other cars in front of me. Trying to make sure I didn't get hit by an oncoming car, I didn't notice that the cars in front of me were stopping. I looked back to see the truck in front of me squealing the tires and hitting the truck in front of him, I didn't even have a chance stop or anything. The next thing I know is my hood is coming towards my face. Luckily the air bag did not go off (my face is very thankful) and we are all okay. It was so crazy...it happened so fast! I am so thankful that we did not get hurt. The first thought that went through my mind was....God you had this happen for a reason...
So nap time was obviously not going to happen that day. The girls did great and did not get upset at all except for being hot and a little hungry. Praise the Lord the police men were all nice. Shea was at work during this and so we got to ride in the back of the police car home...and Shea pulled in as we did. I did get to talk to the officer about our new church and he said he will check us out when we get started. Who knows...it could have for him and his family.
Shea wrote about this too, and added pics...so check you can see them there. Pray for us as we get the news back about the car and if it is totaled or not. We will have lots of decisions to make. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

UGH! I am sooo sorry! I've been there, I've done that...well, sort of. Only difference - it was my fault...totally! I'm really glad y'all are okay. And now, Kinsey gets to say she's ridden in a police car!!! (cuz she'll remember when mommy banged into the other car - Emma Grace does and she was Kinsey's age exactly!!)