Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Redneck fair...this beats the N. GA one!

Yes...my weekend was redneck (except for trying on bridesmaid dresses for Austin, my brother, and Neely's wedding!). On Friday night, we went to the Maysville, GA fair...you may ask "where is Maysville"...well it's..small and between Gainesville and Commerce.
This was crazy....it goes on for 3 days...even though it was so small we walked through the whole thing in 5 mins. I was excited that I could take some pics and share in the fun..uhh memories. I also made an observation that ghetto is the "new country" for some kids around there...it was kind of funny! So here it goes:


Kinsey wanted to go in the "jumpy", but then got scared as we were waiting...


So instead we went on a "train" ride...she loved it!






After the "ride"...Keegan liked it too~

.....and this next pic is no explaination needed..I hope.




I know you are all jealous and want one of these...sorry- I won them all! Just Kidding! Check out the "local"...priceless!


The next pic is a church that was giving away a deer stand...ha! Shows the community they are in...notice the "ductape box" to put your card!

I thought this was neat...and we bought this small amount of ice cream for $3 (with the change we had) for all four of us...yes- Keegan even knows what ice cream is!



a Funnel cake was $5...rip off or have I just not been to a fair in a while?
This is the "main attraction" place...cute town

And at last....this guy was part of the boy scout dunking booth...wouldn't you want to see him leading your kid at boy scouts? ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am laughing...oh, I'm laughing. I want to live somewhere like that so bad I can't hardly stand it! Seriously. The wedding posts...heeehee! It looks like it was tons of fun...
Goodness...next time, take the video camera and catch some of the conversations behind those booths! Can't you just see the church ladies talkin' about how excited their husbands would be to win that deer stand?! :)

Laura Saufley Photography said...

This totally could have taken place where I live too. I think those same people with those dolls set up displays at our fairs! LOL!